Boston loves its cemeteries. I've never seen so many dead Puritans.
Our hotel was right next to Boston Common. We were lucky to see the leaves changing; usually the trees are bare by November.
I don't even know what this building is, but I loved the look of it. Julie and I walked along the Freedom Trail and saw a number of churches, offices, homes, and cafes that we fell in love with.
I didn't realize it before, but Julie and I are apparently history nerds; here she is at John Hancock's grave. We also found where Massachusetts Bay Colony founder John Winthrop lived. Plus we saw Paul Revere's house and many other historical landmarks.
Harvard was beautiful. It's no Pepperdine (tee hee), but it was pretty cool.
This was my favorite part. We took the train to Concord and visited Old Manse, Ralph Waldo Emerson's home. Both Hawthorne and Thoreau lived there at various times, too. We got a little (okay, a lot) lost on our walk from the train station to the house, but it was worth it. We toured the home and learned all sorts of interesting trivia about the writers who lived there.
4 comments:
I am off the hook for being the nerd in the family (for now).
Awesome pictures! I'm jealous you made it to Concord for the transcendentalists! However, I did get a private tour of Longfellow's house in Cambridge - what an amazing area!
You have never been to Boston before? I feel like you were made for places like Boston (not that I have ever been). That trip looks like it was a lot of fun!
I am speechless and jealous!
Post a Comment