Saturday, October 3, 2009

Go Vipers, part two!

Noah surprised me a few weeks ago by deciding to try his hand at pitching. But at today's game, I was flabbergasted when I looked for him at second base or maybe shortstop -- only to find him behind the plate all decked out in catcher's gear! I had no idea that he had any interest, but low and behold there he was. And he did great (in a mother's completely unbiased opinion, of course).

I love his willingness to try anything that his coach/uncle asks him to do. This kid has baseball in his bones. He can practice for three or four hours and still want more. I'm sad that the season will end soon, and I'm not sure what to do with him until the next season starts!


1 comment:

Nichole said...

I know about baseball in the bones! After 15 years with Billy, it has not gone away! At least he got to 2 years of college out of it. He was also a middle infielder.
Watch those knees if he is playing catcher!