Saturday, February 25, 2012

Saturday Synopsis

Busy Saturday, and not a picture to show for it. Noah had two tournament soccer games. His scrappy little AYSO team plays some pretty tough club teams, and today was no different. His team lost both games, but, thankfully, Noah still had a good time. He was a busy goalie, blocking shot after shot after shot. What a tough little man.

Ethan had much less fun. His day was filled with what middle school apparently means -- homework. That kid works his tail off each and every weekday after school, except maybe Friday. But his weekends seem to be filled with more homework than I think is necessary. Complaining doesn't help, so we just make sure he gets it done. He did half of about 70 math problems he has to finish by Monday (and yes, just assigned on Friday so it isn't like he procrastinated starting some big assignment). And tomorrow, Ethan has a reading project and a couple of other little things to do. 

Me? I'm on a curriculum task force for work and we had a mammoth all day meeting today. I actually enjoy the challenge of helping the district transition to the Common Core state standards, but staying inside and arguing nuances of language on a beautiful sunny day is not ideal. I did manage to see Noah's second soccer game, so the day wasn't a total waste. Oh, and I get paid for the meeting. I guess I'll be happier about it when I get my paycheck.

My only visual for today is video that Ethan took of Ginger enjoying the car ride home from Papa's house. You can hear her snorting in the breeze; she's loving it!


No comments: