Sunday, November 25, 2012

Reunion


Veterans Day is becoming a girls' weekend tradition. My two best friends from college and I try to meet up somewhere each year for the long weekend. Julie lives in San Jose and Jen lives in Portland, so we find a destination and all fly in for a weekend of laughing and remembering and just hanging out. The city is not the point; we could go anywhere and have a good time.

This year we met in Jen's hometown and got tickets to see our beloved Morrissey in concert while we were there. Karma was not with us, however, as Morrissey's mom got sick and he postponed all concert dates until the spring. Well, Morrissey or not, we had a fabulous weekend. I also managed to squeeze in visits with two other Pepperdine friends, one from Portland, the other in Seattle.

By that third day, I am missing my kids like crazy and ready to get home. But that time away is so good for me. I get to be a single lady again and just have fun, and then I'm a better mom and wife because I got a healthy dose of me time. It's a win-win. Bring on Girls' Weekend 2013!



No comments: