Friday, June 19, 2009

10th Anniversary

Aaron and I got married ten years ago today. Happy Anniversary! I love this poem about the comfort of having a companion to share your life with -- joys, worries, and even the mundane. I love you, Aaron!

"Long Marriage" by Gerald Fleming

You're worried, so you wake her
& you talk into the dark:
Do you think I have cancer, you
say, or Were there worms
in that meat, or Do you think
our son is OK, and it's
wonderful, really--almost
ceremonial as you feel
the vessel of your worry pass
miraculously from you to her--
Gee, the rain sounds so beautiful,
you say--I'm going back to sleep.

1 comment:

Laura Z said...

Congrats on 10 years! A good friend told us after 10 years it gets easy, and I'd have to say there's some truth to that.
Love the poem too :-)