Friday, June 5, 2009

New Year's Resolution: June update

I don't think I've blogged about this, so this is more of an initial report than an update. Right around the new year, I had a student ask me if I'd made any resolutions. I usually don't, so I told her no, but spent the next few minutes thinking about her question. From there, I very quickly decided that there was one thing I'd like to do this year. It's more of a goal than a resolution, but it is something I resolved to do. I went back to her and told her that I'd like to document all the books I've read over my lifetime and try to reach the number 1,000 by the end of 2009.




Now, I've made some stipulations so that I can make this a manageable goal. I've decided that any chapter book counts -- even if it is a kid's chapter book or an easy young adult read that I can take care of in an afternoon. Books of poetry, short stories, and plays count. Right now, I am at 973. I've been keeping count on a website called goodreads. I included all the books on my shelves and all the books I ever remember borrowing. I'm sure I missed some, but the list seems as accurate as it's going to get.


So, 27 more books in the next six months? I think I can do it. With summer on the horizon, I'm pretty sure I can get this done.

No comments: