Sunday, April 21, 2013

DC: Day Three

We saw a lot on day three. Our first stop was the Lincoln Memorial.

The weather was perfect for all the walking we did that day.

I'll spare you most of my cherry blossom pictures, but I did get a few good ones.

You can see how crowded the Jefferson Memorial was, but we were still able to appreciate the beauty and the significance of it.

The FDR Memorial was a pleasant surprise. I didn't know too much about it, but it was very nicely done.

Again at the FDR Memorial.

The boys found the name of their Papa's best friend and best man at his wedding to their Nana who died in the Vietnam War. It was very touching to see them pay their respects.

We found Einstein at the National Academy of Sciences.

I'm so glad the family indulged me in the cheesy tourist photo op -- I love it!

Kudos to Commander in Chief Hiller for letting us take this picture!

Doesn't he just demand your respect in that Jack Black t-shirt? So dignified!

The boys pose by the White House near the end of a very long day.


No comments: