Saturday, April 20, 2013

DC: Day Two

I found a Shakespeare quote outside The National Archives, so I had to strike an intellectual pose.

Day two we headed out to some museums, but not before running into a Cherry Blossom parade that had us walking way off course so we could cross the street and get to our destination.

I'm officially an old lady who stops and takes pictures of plants, greenery, and architecture.

My family endured The National Gallery for hours so I could wander around. It was one of the places I most wanted to go. I saw Cassatt, Monet, Picasso, Vermeer and a few other artists that I like to talk about in class.

My boys and Monet.

Next we headed to the Natural History Museum. Had it not been so crowded, we would have had a great time. As it was, we enjoyed it but it was pretty hard to move around.

Ethan looks at an interactive view of evolution.

Each day had to include a break from it all. It was nice to have a suite where the boys could have their space, and Aaron and I could sit and rest on the couch.

No comments: