This year, we saw three plays: The Taming of the Shrew, Two Gentlemen of Verona, and Cyrano de Bergerac. (Not all plays performed at the festival are written by Shakespeare.) Shrew was the most entertaining of the bunch -- we laughed a lot. We weren't laughing so much at the three hour plus version of Cyrano. It was way, way, way too long. Someone next to my mom was snoring, and I think we were both envious of him!
Monday, August 4, 2008
An Annual Tradition
Every summer, my mom and I go to the Utah Shakespearean Festival in Cedar City. It is a fun tradition we've been doing for many years now; we get to spend quality time together seeing great plays, eating out, shopping, and laughing a lot. Here we are posing with our boyfriend Will in the lobby of one of the theaters.

This year, we saw three plays: The Taming of the Shrew, Two Gentlemen of Verona, and Cyrano de Bergerac. (Not all plays performed at the festival are written by Shakespeare.) Shrew was the most entertaining of the bunch -- we laughed a lot. We weren't laughing so much at the three hour plus version of Cyrano. It was way, way, way too long. Someone next to my mom was snoring, and I think we were both envious of him!
This year, we saw three plays: The Taming of the Shrew, Two Gentlemen of Verona, and Cyrano de Bergerac. (Not all plays performed at the festival are written by Shakespeare.) Shrew was the most entertaining of the bunch -- we laughed a lot. We weren't laughing so much at the three hour plus version of Cyrano. It was way, way, way too long. Someone next to my mom was snoring, and I think we were both envious of him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Your mom is so cute! What a fun tradition, on my list of places to go!
Looks like tons of fun! I keep saying I'm going to go every year and then something gets in the way. I AM going to see Les Mis at Tuachan in Augst so that's something.
BTW - love the "boyfriend" pics.
Les Mis is the best! I've seen it twice. This is the first year my mom and I didn't see a musical at the Festival. This season's musical was Fiddler on the Roof, which we had just seen in Las Vegas not too long ago. Let me know how the plays are at Tuacahn; I'd love another reason to get out of town!
I just went to see Cyrano on Saturday and I completely agree! I wanted to like it, in fact I did until I realized the first act was 2 hours long and we had a ton to get through still!
Post a Comment