Friday, August 29, 2008

Back to School

One week down, many more to go. The boys and I survived our first week back at school. They both had a great week, and it is such a relief to me that they have good teachers and good friends to make school a pleasurable experience.

Noah is a model first grade student. He is very particular about the rules and he wants to do his homework exactly the way his teacher explained it. His writing is meticulous, and he'll stay at the table until his work is done to perfection. (Wonder where he gets that from?)

Ethan makes me proud with his independence and ability to thrive in any environment. I know he works really hard for his success, and is so eager to please his teacher and his parents.

As for me, I've been run ragged by my first week back. I have some fairly large classes, a lack of funds and supplies, and several other odds I am up against. Actually, I think things will settle down a little and all will eventually be well. I have some students that I'm already in love with for their wit, their intelligence, and their drive to do well. With a little patience, I'll be just fine. Right now, though, all I want to think about is this three day weekend!

4 comments:

The Wilkinson Family said...

Hey there Mrs Hiller (I remember you as Miss Rice), but oh well. It's Chris Wilkinson, you have two cute kids, I have 2 of my own now. Kyler 2 and Rylie 3 1/2 weeks. Well its nice to talk to you hope to hear from you soon.
chrisdafish16@yahoo.com
dawilkinsonfam.blogspot.com
The web page is in it's infant stages, but i'm working on it.

Nichole said...

You are truly a wonderful teacher that has inspired so many of us! I love how you are already in love with some of your new students.
I don't know if you remember but you told Hope, Levi, Travis and I (in the yearbook ad that never was) that we were the reason that people became teachers. You are the reason that students move on and become teachers!
Noah is already a first grader! It seems like you were just on maternity leave!

Jen H. said...

Nichole, you are so sweet to say that! I love that these blogs help me stay in touch with my former students and see everyone doing so well. Sometimes I can't believe I've been teaching for 15 years and that my students are married and have growing kids of their own!

Laura Z said...

Your post reminds me why I still miss teaching sometimes. Glad you had a good week!