It's officially back to school time, come Monday. We've bought our new backpacks, lunchboxes, colored pencils, notebooks, and everything else. On Friday afternoon, Aaron and I took the boys to their school's "round up," which is basically a chance to find your classroom and meet your teacher. Noah is very excited that his teacher is a dog lover, just like him. And Ethan is looking forward to his third grade class, and he was happy to learn that his friend Nicholas is in the same class. It's back to school for me, too. I've got a challenging year ahead with drastic budget cuts for my department. Our school population is on the rise, but we don't have the funds to meet our needs. We are all going to have to be creative in finding ways to do our job this year, and probably for several more years until the economy improves. But enough of that! I'm excited about getting back to work. Well, minus the early mornings, that is.Saturday, August 23, 2008
Farewell, Summer!
It's officially back to school time, come Monday. We've bought our new backpacks, lunchboxes, colored pencils, notebooks, and everything else. On Friday afternoon, Aaron and I took the boys to their school's "round up," which is basically a chance to find your classroom and meet your teacher. Noah is very excited that his teacher is a dog lover, just like him. And Ethan is looking forward to his third grade class, and he was happy to learn that his friend Nicholas is in the same class. It's back to school for me, too. I've got a challenging year ahead with drastic budget cuts for my department. Our school population is on the rise, but we don't have the funds to meet our needs. We are all going to have to be creative in finding ways to do our job this year, and probably for several more years until the economy improves. But enough of that! I'm excited about getting back to work. Well, minus the early mornings, that is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Have a great first day back! And good luck with the budget cuts - will there be hoarding of paper again? :-)
Good luck with the budget! As if you ever had enough money anyways? My mom is the FASA at Lundy ES and they were given $30 for the whole year to buy medical supplies. Crazy!
Jaylin's teacher asked for a $3 donation for crafts, guess I should kick in some extra!
If only they could find a way to make books cheaper.
What classes are you teaching?
That $30 budget for the health office is ridiculous! We have no money for books and have already been scolded about making too many copies. I'm not sure what they want us to do!
I am so excited for you! You were one of favorite teachers and I am so happy you're still spreading that fun to this day! I am so sure the kids will so excited to have you! Wish I was in your class this year!!!
Have you heard of Donors Choose? It is a charitable website that allows educational professional posts their needs. Donors can then read about it and decide it they want to donate or not. I have donated a few times, and think it is a great way to help teachers accomplish that extra something special for the students. I noticed that the most successful requests were always well written (not going to be your problem), explained well...and always shared with the student's families. Check it out if you haven't heard of it...
http://www.donorschoose.org/homepage/main.html?zone=0
Post a Comment